The Relationships and Attachments Support service is for parents or carers who recognise that they struggle with bonding or attachment with their baby, child, tween or teenager.
It helps parents to understand what may be causing their child’s behaviours. Support is
then given to help parents learn different approaches to interact with their children.
This will then help to improve their relationship and lead to a number of positive effects,
such as an increase in self-confidence, better emotional regulation and help the parent feel
more confident to meet their child’s needs.
- We begin by offering a 90-minute parents only consultation to get a good idea about the background and timeline to the young persons life and any difficulties they are having
- Follow ups are then 60 minutes and will be a combination of work with the young person and their main carers/family.
Who is it designed for?
- Parents/carers who have struggled to form an attachment to their child/ baby.
- Parents who want to build a better relationship between parent/carer and child.
- For parents who feel their children’s behaviour is due to difficulties with their
relationship and connection.
- For those who have had a forced separation from their child and would like to re-
build their attachment.